Waffle house? Huddle house,,,i've not received good service at any of them,,,,,
once in the late night a friend and i went to huddle house and sat and waited a good 15-30 minutes and was never waited on for drinks or food,,,,,,,,we left
Ousted Waffle House patron pickets restaurant
Friday, December 30, 2005
By SUE GUINN LEGG
NET News Service
JOHNSON CITY - A Johnson City man with a taste for Waffle House coffee braved Thursday's chilly temperatures and biting winds to stage a one-man protest outside the restaurant's North State of Franklin Road location after he was asked to leave and not come back.
Bart Hoard, 53, North Street, said a long-running conflict with the local franchise's vice president, Andy Mount, of Kingsport, finally boiled over Thursday morning when Mount spotted his truck and called police to order him off the parking lot.
Hoard, a 23-year Waffle House patron, said the dispute began five years ago when he requested milk for his coffee at another city Waffle House and Mount asked him to pay for a full glass. Hoard said he instead bought milk at the market next door, came back for his coffee and stated to Mount, "Got milk? I do.''
"I made Andy Mount look like a fool over that milk for my coffee, and he's had a vendetta against me ever since," Hoard said as he sat in a lawn chair on the sidewalk outside the restaurant, brandishing a protest sign to passing motorists.
"I'm cold. I shouldn't have to do this. But this is not right. I'm an American. I'm a disabled veteran. And this is a violation of my civil rights. I plan to stay here even if I catch pneumonia doing it," Hoard said as a bank thermometer across the street flashed 37 degrees.
"Today, I had to take a stand. Tomorrow, I'm going to the Washington County district attorney's office to see what I can get done about it."
As Hoard sat out in the cold, his boss, Eddie Barnett, passed a petition in his support among customers inside the restaurant, gathering more than a dozen signatures. Barnett, owner of Salvage 1 Used Auto Parts, said he planned to mail the petition to Waffle House's corporate headquarters.
"This is all something between him and (Mount). He's a loyal customer. The waitresses all know him and like him. He's shoveled snow for them, helped fix their cars, all kinds of things," Barnett said.
"I just thought it was unfair. I've got a business, and I can imagine if someone is doing something wrong, you want them out. But he hasn't done anything. And these waitresses will tell you."
Waffle House employees on duty Thursday afternoon declined to comment.
"We could be fired," one employee explained, apologetically.
Mount did not respond to several messages left on his pager and at three area Waffle House restaurants on Thursday.
Waffle house? Huddle house,,,i've not received good service at any of them,,,,,
once in the late night a friend and i went to huddle house and sat and waited a good 15-30 minutes and was never waited on for drinks or food,,,,,,,,we left
If you can't say anything good, don't say nothing at all. Thumper
Sounds like two ego's got in the way of just common sense.
Hope this don't offend anyone but i will say it does get old to go to some places. You have the crowd as their called. Their there almost all the time or some part it. And most of the time, just people with nothing to do running their mouths.
I know a few spots locally, most just call them the gossip group. About all the local resturants and stores have some kind of group like them. Some will show up and stay for hrs. regular social meeting places.
One reason i said i hope it don't offend people, some times these people have to have some where to go to be socialable. Some just need to not over stay their welcome, especially in a fast food area like these mentioned.
Waffle House, Huddle House, their not made for a long time social meeting place. They don't have the size to accomadate that. And honestly their not made for that kind of setting, that's why their smaller. So people can get in, order eat and get back out.
Go by the nearest Hardess or DQ or other places a little larger, you see the groups im talking about. Mostly seniors who have their daily social life built into these places. As long as it doesn't bother any one, i don't see a problem with it.
But some places just are not equipped to be the daily social meeting place. Problem is some of those who visit these places don't seem to see that.
This is hilarious....
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
It is hilarious, but not unbelievable. I've worked in restaurants for almost 20 years, 5 in Johnson City down the street from the Waffle House, and have seen people like this guy. If he wants a cup of coffee there are dozens of restaurants and convenience stores right there on Roan Street.
The best way to hurt them is take your money elsewhere.
greencrest1272 will feed as many as will come over at the Clintwood Huddle House. The bill goes to the Town of Clintwood, so don't be shy!
Clintwood Greenwave
Back-to-Back Region D Champions
2008 LPD Champions
"State in '08"
this is probabally just one of those guys looking for trouble or his name in the paper, which he got.
[b] "The One and Only"[/b]
Sounds like a guy who needs a hobby.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
He has a hobby...Drinking coffee at the Waffle House.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
Well it sounds like he needs to be finding a new one! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks